Owl Image

How to cure high blood pressure?

How to cure high blood pressure?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
No smoking, no added salt or black pepper, eat low-sodium foods, exercise enough to keep your weight at proper level. Avoid stress.

i have high blood pressure sice monday 150/100, with headache and i feel like i am floating. no history of concussion or falls. cholesterol is not too high and ecg is normal. i have been taking meds since monday to make my bp low but up to now it is still high. what do i do now?

I have high blood pressure since 20 yrs old I have been on Toprol Xl stared at 50mg 13 yrs ago and now as of 2 wks ago I am up to 100mg and my pressure is still 150/100 when doing nothing I have nerve problems but they have been good and I will take a colazapam or Xanax if needed.

Sir, I was having high blood pressure 140/100 max 1 year before then I asked by the Doctors to take Pinom 20 and Lipicure 10 mg once in a day for 2 months and then I came back to Haiti where there are no doctors availabe where I am posted . I continued for 2 month and then stopped to take . 5 -6 month my BP was normal all the time and then when I went to India i just went to see doctor for normal check up and they found that my BP was 140/100 ( may be due to Jet Lack reason bec North America and India s time difference are opposite ) and I was advised to continue with Telvas 40H and Lipicure 10 mg . when I came back to my place i.e Haiti my BP was always Low like 90/65 most of time . Then I called to doctor and he advised ,me take only telvas 40 without H but still it was low BP and when I called to same doctor to India he was not responding my phone . Then some of my relative told me to take Telvas 20mg..... Now I am taking Telvas 20mg and Lipicure 10. last month I took Lipid Profile where we found that no need to take LIpicure 10 mg and I stopped it. Now still my BP is low like 90-100 / 65-70. Then here in haiti , one doctor told me to split this Telvas 20 Mg and take half dose beacuse Telvas 20 mg is minimum dose available in the market. so I started to take half of Telvas 20 mg since 3 days and I didn t check my BP right now . But I am feeling some kind of movement at Right and Left side close to Kidney area, I really don t know the name so i mentioned near the kidney are. Please tell us is due to the half dose of Telvas 20 mg Medicine or it is normal .... This started from the same day when I started to take half dose of telvas 20 mg . I shall be very thankfull to you u help me bec here in Haiti i don t have anu other option .

Recent questions on Hypertension

Dr. Oz, I know you're show is geared mostly towards women but I really am in dyer need of help. I'm a 22 year old male and I'm currently taking two 20mg instant release Adderalls a day. My blood pressure is normal on a daily basis, but high blood pressure and heart disease does run in my family. My concern is in regards to Erectile Disfunction. It is a real self confidence killer! My penis doesn't get fully erect when I'm about to have sex, its hard but not where it can stay up the air hard..excuse the reference. Also some other times it will get hard, but it will not stay that way for long amounts of time. Does anyone know why this could be? I also have trouble staying hard. For example if it slips out, there is a switch of positions,or the slightest distraction, it wont remain hard. I take adderall but don't notice a difference in this when I take it and when I don't. I exercise regularly (4-5x a week) and eat relatively healthy(for a college student). I am stressed a lot and i know that could be a cause of my problems. but does anyone have any ideas? Also is it to early for someone my age (22) to take pills such as viagra or cialis? What are the long term side effects?

56 female, history of CHF, history of difference in BP standing and sitting, near end of level 3 KCD, take diuretic. high BP, controlled with meds and diet (no salt)

Gained 5 pfd in two day, trouble breathing, fluid around abdomen. Per past doc instruction, took extra dirutic fri and lost 3 pds, feel very tired and weak.

BP sat afternoon was 120/74.
Is this too low?
Ms Boots

I am 74 years old and have experienced hot flushes since menopause (at age 54). I experience moderate to high blood pressure and most medications for this make my symptoms worse. I have heart palpitations during these uncomfortable symptoms, experience fatigue and have night sweats which wake me up. I have Sjoegren's Syndrome with Sicca, and Peripehral neuropathy and most other aging symptoms. I don't have dementia, thankfully, but I am curious as to whether hot flushes are impacting on my blood pressure and contributing to my anxieties or could it be caused by my thyroid? My tests show a normal reading for my thyroid. I also had cancer of the uterus, grade 1, and had everything removed nine years ago and have remained cancer free to date. I hope you can help me find a way to improve the situation as I don't have any blocked arteries or heart problems so it is a mystery to me. I am worried about the impact it may eventually have on my heart. Sincerely yours,

Hello.
I'm male.
I'm 45 years old and I got high pressure blood since 17. I am currently taking 5 drugs to control (not at all) my high pressure blood.
In a recent Renal Angiography was discovered that I have my left kidney hypotrophic with important loss of parenchyma in the middle and lower thirds.
Analyses of plasma renin revealed that is high.

This hypotrophic kidney (left) is working by 37% and 63% right according to a renal scintigraphy.
The recommendation of my doctor(nephrology) is to get me out my hypotrophic kidney to control the high pressure blood and avoid having to take so many drugs.

What is your opinion on this?
YYYY@YYYY

how often can you take Prednisone? I have reallybad inflamation in my hands and it took it away . The swelling has come back now and I dont know that much about it.

Patient: Female, 73 years, 6 months old, 5'7" tall, 230 lbs., in generally good health. Hypertension well controlled with medication, lifelong history of recurring clinical depression . Currently takes medication for depression and hypertension,...

Im a 70 year old stage two diabetic. I woke up in the night with dry heaves...I just went to the store and fell faint and nauseated. I rested for 30 minutes and felt a lot better. I home now and concerned ! I had low blood presure. Now its 128...