How to cure early sick sinus syndrome?

I had a back injury that put me out of work and eventual surgery, but after my injury I had a extremely bad chest pain, I went in and that was the start of multiple ekg s and 2 holter monitors .....1 doctor says its the begining stages of sick sinus syndrome ....another said that there is no beginning stage of sick sinus and that I have bradycardia......my question is.....could my sudden heart problem stem from stress or anxiety due to my back injury.....this injury has had me really down from day 1......I have kids to feed and I love my job, the surgery was 5the months ago and was pretty extensive
Tue, 27 Jul 2021

Sick sinus syndrome is a group of heart rhythm problems, due to problems with the sinus node, in a way that heart is not able to keep a steady and regular heart beat resulting in symptoms of dizziness,fainting and shortness of breath. It may be due to:
1. when heart beat is too slow, called sinus bradycardia.It is the commonest form of sick sinus syndrome and seems to be present in your case also, so that both doctors may be right in their diagnosis.
2. The heart beat pauses or stops,called sinus pose or sinus arrest.
3. Episodes of a fast heart rate like atrial fibrillation etc.
4. Slow heart rhythms alternating fast heart rhythms, called tachy-brady syndrome.

Treatment will depend on the frequency and extent of these events & the symptoms,you are facing in your daily routine life. Some times,the symptoms are mild and transient, which do not require any specific treatment and these symptoms may go away by themselves. However,most of the patients,will require a pace maker eventually. Stress and anxiety, should not cause long lasting symptoms, even if related to a cause of your symptoms and these should go away itself with time.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Satnarain Bansal, General & Family Physician