Owl Image

How to cure cough in a 8 months old naturally ?

what will be good to give a 8months for coughing has fling but not coming up
Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Geriatrics Specialist 's  Response
hi there
am dr.surendiran
nice to meet you in hcmagic
When your 8-month-old baby is coughing, you want nothing more than to make it stop and help her to feel better. Most coughing is due to a viral infection, which means that medicine won't solve the problem. You simply have to let it run its course. Infant cold medicines can be dangerous in a child who is only 6 months old, so you should only give them under the direction of your doctor.
some natural remedies,
Run a humidifier at night. A dry room can exacerbate any coughing problems that your baby may have. A cool-mist humidifier can help relieve his coughing problems. If you want, you can use a eucalyptus enhancer with the humidifier.
Feed your baby on demand. When fighting off a cold, babies need extra calories to help fight the infection. Don't try to stick to a usual feeding schedule. If your baby seems hungry, feed her.
Keep your baby as upright as possible. Lying down can make a coughing problem worse, as sinuses drain to the back of the throat.
hope helped your query
regards dr.surendiran

Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Packriswamy Sambangi's  Response
HAI,
Coughs are one of the most common symptoms of childhood illness.Although cough can sound awful,it is not usually a sign of a serious condition. Infact, coughing is a healthy and important reflex that helps protect the airways in the throat and chest.
Very effective and gentle natural cough remedy for babies is on herbal rub.
Rub 2 drops of Eucalyptos oil on the chest.It will calm your baby, s cough and allow to breath easier.

OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
If you are having a dry cough for eight months without any expectoration and you have got yourself investigated for any cause like T.B. then you can try with a steroid inhaler or a puff- two puffs twice daily. Also, keep a piece of turmeric in your mouth every time there is a bout of coughing.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com

Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum
Some common causes of chronic cough include asthma, allergic rhinitis, sinus problems (for example sinus infection), and esophageal reflux of stomach contents.
If all is ruled out than
You can take Spongia 30, 6 pills thrice a day and BC 5, 4 tab twice for 7 days.
This will help for your for dry cough.