Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

How to cure constipation ?

hi my age is 54 i have sevior constipation . i do enema four times a day. please help me out
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Constipation needs to be taken care of by following an integrated approach.

1. Eat lot of fibre rich food, as in green vegetables,fruits,dry fruits,nuts and seeds,beans,etc
2. make sure you drink lots of warm water after your meals and more frequently.
3.avoid processed foods, stored items, biscuits,instead go for fresh food and cooked ones at home .
4.Make sure your doing good physical activity daily,be it walking,treadmill,jogging,any activity is compulsory to keep your bowels regular. could dry dry husk powder in a glass of water every night before you sleep,like ISAPGOL is available for this.

This will help you reduce the need for enema

Answered: Thu, 10 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor