How to cure constant back pain after spine surgery?

HI -this is for an Ortho M.D. I had 3 spine surgeries in less than 30 days, 9 months ago - One ACDF, Two Posterior (1 instrumentation, 2nd to remove bone fragments after suffering a compression fracture 5 days post surgery. ) I have constant upper back muscle spasms, and a ridge on left side of neck - Dr is just now mentioning muscle separation - (trapezious). Is this repairable? Thank you so much
Wed, 26 Nov 2014
Spine Surgeon 's  Response
If there is no new weakness, tingling or numbness post surgery and the symptoms for which surgery was done are improving, then physiotherapy is the way to go.
You need to stretch & strengthen the neck muscles as well as improve range of motion of neck. No passive manipulation should be done by the physiotherapist of chiropractor. Only active exercises should be done by you under guidance of a physiotherapist & yr surgeon.