Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

How to cure bruised and swollen ribs?

Hi Dr,XXXXX I am a 66yrslons woman in good health,had a quad-triple heart by-pass in 2010.
Doing great on my med's for it,I had a little mishap just a nice way of saying I was a bit clumsy in the trying to
Fix my new shower curtain,there was a few holes that i previously missed so when I went o the shower to amend
The whole shower pole & shower curtains, came down upon me,& I lost my balance & hit my right side side of my upper right ribs struck the sink quick hard,this happened Sunday afternoon,I just adjusted myself out of the shower curtain,& tried to out it back up,after three attempts to fix everything back to normal,my rids starting hurting me quite Badly, took some aspirin,& tried to lay down for a wee bit of rest,but to no avail,I have had about two to 3hrs sleep since this accident,should I make an appointment to see my Dr,I know U can"t really do anything about bruised ribs,except take some more aspirins for it & I do believe it will go down in a few days,I checked my ribs & there is some bruising & a little swelling of them,thank U so for your time & patience in reading about my medical problem.


Jeanie B.M Jeffcoat.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Jan 2014
Answers:  1 Views:  69
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello . First of all i am very sorry for your fall . It can be a simple bruise of it could be a fracture as well . In my opinion you should get a chest xray to rule out any fractures. Although it wont change the treatment because the treatment for a bruise and fracture of ribs is just rest and pain meds. But still i believe you should see your doctor and get a chest xray done.
Answered: Sat, 1 Feb 2014
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor