Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
131 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to cure asthma?

Hello doctor, I would like to know a cure for asthma, I am 23, Female. I weigh 47 and height 5'3''. I take transcaps every day or maybe alternate days. It was a sudden attack 8 years back and then I never used to get it often, I started with 250 seroflo rotacaps and then before four years I went to a doc and he tested my lung capacity and then I reduced it to a 100 within the years( by daily usage). I am using budamate now but the irony is I get attack every day or alternate and I have difficulty breathing through my nose from childhood. I had undergone treatment for my mouth breathing when I was small (homeo), it was good when I did take the medicines but then I stopped it around 9 years or so and I have trouble breathing. I discovered something like I could breath through my one nose at a time while the other remains blocked, sometimes if my left is blocked it becomes more difficult than the other one and rarely I breath good through one and a bit through other. Please do prescribe me a solution. Can an asthma patient get married? Will they be able to lead a life without inhalers, as females have to get pregnant???

thank you
Wed, 28 May 2014
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

yes you can marry and can be pregnant without any complications to the child using inhalers.

There is different line of management based on your symptoms and spirometry results. There is controller therapy to prevent occurrence and reliever to relive symptoms. So based on your features we can plan fot the therapy. There may be chance of allergic rhinitis and polyp due to allergy. Treatment with mometasone nasal spray will help in management.

I advice you to consult pulmonologist once for examination for staging, diagnosis and management.

I hope this information helps you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I have a question about asthma. I have been playing soccer since I was 5. When I was 13 I got my first asthma attack. I am 15 and a half and I have...

Recent questions on  Allergic rhinitis

doctor1 MD

Hi I am 43yrs old and have recently had my tonsills out. Should have had them out a long time ago. One of the reasons i had them removed was for...

doctor1 MD

hello thr, my daughter is 3 yr 6 month old and her doctor has prescribed montek lc kid for cough and cold but when we consulted an ent specialist...

doctor1 MD

I am always tired and aching. I find it hard to concentrate and stay awake in the day. Even small tasks exhaust me. I have been feeling this way...

doctor1 MD

14 yrs old 5 3 120 lb male with like blue color skin discoloration on extremities, sometime blotchy; when discolored area receives slight pressure...

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, My wife is 23 weeks now, she gets allergic rhinitis often during winter (Nov, Dec) and her nose gets blocked. She has started taking...

doctor1 MD

Hi my cousin who is pregnant on her 1st trimester took one single avil tablet 25 mg without knowing for allergic rhinitis is that ok?now she...

doctor1 MD

Yes, I have never tried this before but I have now had a sinus infection for 8 days. Started out as a cold an turned into a sinus infection. I...