Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

How to cure Retrolisthesis ?

Hi. I injured my back 2 months ago lifting something heavy. Pain was not too bad until my doc referred me to PT - aftwr a few sessions it much worse. Had an Xray without flexion that showed a 3.5 mm retrolisthesis at l3 compared to l4. First available appt is not for amonth and i now have bad sciatica in both legs. Question: is there anything i might do in the meantime that could make the retrolisthesis worse? What grade would this be? Is surgery a likely recommendation in the future? Is walking a good idea as i wait to see the specialist?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  377
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Pampriest
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
1)if you do vigorous exercise or tried to walk more or lift heavy objects they can be chances of worsening or the situation.
2)surgery can be of very affective in such conditions .
3)you should avoid walking and take bedrest if possible.
Hope I answered your question.If you need more information feel free to mail me.
Take care
Answered: Sun, 10 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor