Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
155 Doctors are Online

How to control oligosprmia ?

hello sir, I am 23 years old not married.. I have concerned with general surgeon .. he examine to me and he has written the tests.. The test report are showing mild oligospermia with more abnormal and dead spermatozoa with infection is seen to multiple dilated tortous veins in left side..please advise me what should be done to control this..
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jul 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  175
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi mohammed abdul aleem,

Welcome to HCM.
You will need a Colour Doppler study to confirm or rule out varicocele, i.e. dilated and tortuous veins in the scrotum.
For varicocele surgery is the only treatment.
If there is no varicocele then medical treatment can be started.
In addition you need to treat the infection with suitable antibiotics which your surgeon will certainly prescribe.
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sumanth.P's  Response
Hello Mohammed abdul aleem,

Thanks for your query.

Most probably you have Varicocele.

It is a condition of scrotal veins which tend to dilate and tortous.

It is more common on left side as is in your case.

It is also one of the most important causes of infertility in males.

It needs to be addressed surgically.

You can have a happy married life , but your fertility cannot be assured by me at this instant.

It needs proper evaluation.

Hope I have answered your query.

I will be available for your follow up queries if any.

Wishing you good health.

Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Homeopath Dr. Ratnesh Pandey's  Response
welcome to HCM
by your it shows that you are suffering from varicocele so to confirm you need to go for some more test like color doppler varicose
sor this surgery is the best way of treatment
if not then your case can be treated by medicine
Answered: Fri, 30 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. going by your history regarding abnormal dead spermatozoa; possibly oligospermia is due to Varicose veins (unless proved otherwise)
2. avoid smoking/drinking as it directly affects sperm count,avoid pungent, spicy, oily food,less intake of sour & salty food,other addictive habits, consume more of Urad dal, raisins,Cows Ghee,Milk in your diet
3. if the cause is surgical the surgical correction is must, otherwise you can contact an Ayurveda physician for better management of disease.
Answered: Mon, 12 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor