Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

How to control high colesterol ?

hi, doctor ,my SGPT is 65 and my LDL is 280 and HDL is 45 and uric acid is 7.2. purely vegetarian and non alcholic, plz suggest what should i do?
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  182
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi Rajan jain
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
You have a deranged lipid profile.LDL is high than normal.
Your uric acid levels are high normal. Rest of the findings are fine.
I advise you to visit your Physician and get appropriate medication.You may need a fat lowering tablets like statins.
You should also maintain diet habits , avoid fried foods , oil , salt and have regular exercise.The drugs will help bring down your fats but exercise only can prevent them from shooting up again
Hope this information is useful to you and others.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 9 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor