Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

How to control eating habit of chalk ?

Hello , My problem is that i have a frequent habit of eating chalks which is bothering me alot. There must be a calcium deficiency as a one of an etilogical factor . But even after taking calcium tablets i cant leave eating chalks. Later i came to know my hemoglobin is low too near by 10. So i started taking both calcium and iron -folic tab. But still cant leave eating .What to do . Age : 26 sex: female height :5-5 Medical history : low HB. My blood group is O+
Asked On : Fri, 29 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  775
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Ronak, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.
You are having PICA, which is a pattern of eating non food materials. You may want to consult a Psychiatrist as you need Behavioral therapy.
Exercise regularly and eat healthy nutritious Balanced diet. Practice Yoga and Meditation and avoid stress.

Wish you Good Health.
Answered: Fri, 29 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor