Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How to control abnormal diabetes range. Having family history of diabetes

Soon after our marriage I came to know that my wife age 29 is having family history of diabetes .I suggested her to go for some medical tests. After receiving the report we came to know that her cholesterol level is at 201.30 mgdL Triglycerides 229.30 mgdL HDL Cholesterol 43.80 mgdL LDL Cholesterol Calculated 111.64 mgdL VLDL Cholesterol Calculated 45.86 mgdL . TSH 4.67 uIUmL . Some of my friends are suggesting us to replace rice with bread atleast in one of the two meals . Please suggest what should be done to reduce the abnormal levels and also retain the normal. Further we are planning child in near future. Keeping the levels in mind will it be safe to go for it My blood group is O negative and her A positive or do we have to wait till levels get to normal or if some precautions are needed please suggest. Also I have come to know from internet that people with higher triglyceride levels are 30 percent more vulnerable to heart attack , therefore is it safe to have physical relationship while the levels are up.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  251
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
u didnt mention about her blood sugar levels...there is no problem in havin physical relationship...she should take medicine for her high cholesterol and tsh...does she have chest pain/palpitation?anyway contact your physician...
Answered: Tue, 18 Jan 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor