I am a 47 year old female weight 68kgs. I have IGA nephropathy confirmed by renal biopsy 6 years ago. I have gross haematuria and protein leakage as well as high urine albumin although serum RFT's are normal. I have very recently been diagnosed with moderate aortic regurgitation along with two mild mirtal valve leaks from an insurance echocardiogram. I have elevated blood pressure and am on Attacand to control this. Normal lipids, lft's and blood sugars. Normal resting and exercise ECG.I am very fit and play numerous sports at masters representative level. My cardiologist has recommended a wait and see process but does believe I will need an aortic vavle replacement in the years ahead.
Given my renal disease and the associated high blood pressure I wondered whether it is better to wait as long as possible to repair the valve or whether we should do this sooner rather than later to protect the kidneys. Naomi