Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
175 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to conceive?

i have been married for 1 year and 4 months i have trying to get pregnant only for 6 monthes as before i was using condoms im asking shall i go to doctor shall my husband go and should i stay after sex in bed and altjougj staying sperms fall
Mon, 6 Feb 2017
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hallow Dear,

How long you should wait giving the fair trial for natural conception depends upon the age of the couple, which you have not mentioned.

Though you are married for 1 year and 4 months, you are sincerely trying for pregnancy for last 6 months only. If you are above 25 years of age, it is the time now that you start investigating both of you. You may not carry all the investigations straight a way.

Initially try to find evidence of your egg release. Though in the market home kits are available, I would advise you initially to get the evidence by ultrasonography. This will ensure whether you are ovulating or not; and if you are ovulating, it will inform you the day of your ovulation (egg release). Egg has a life of 24 hours while the sperms are active for 24 hours. Hence, a period of about one week around the day of ovulation is fertile window.

Then get husband's semen examination done for the quality and quantity of the sperms.

If both these investigation reports are within normal range, try to plan your intercourse at and around the day of ovulation. Lying on your back for about an hour after the intercourse is advisable. After intercourse, some amount of semen does flow out passively, it is hardly 10% to 20% of the total semen; so not an issue. To minimise this flow of semen, the penis should not be withdrawn while it is hard. Let it slip out of vagina passively when it is placid.

If you fail to conceive even after six months fair trial like this, get Hysterosalpingography and Laparoscopy done to find out the condition and patency of the tubes and uterus.

However, if you are above 30 years of your age, get both of you investigated completely without delay.

Report then to your Infertility consultant for further advice. You may ask me a Direct question on this forum with all these reports uploaded.

Dr. Nishikant Shrotri
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hi,I am 25 year old i am trying to concive last 7-8 month my husband test normal then doc. say me follicur study then on 14th day doctor say...

Recent questions on  HIV

doctor1 MD

Hi, last night I found a growth on my boyfriend's penis that looks like a mole that has just developed over the past 2 weeks, also, everytime we...

doctor1 MD

I took a test n I m pregnant I ve had unprotected sex with my boyfriend cuz I m on the Nuva ring I had an unexpected 2 nights with my ex the first...

doctor1 MD

Hi I wasn't sure who to ask or what to do about this but i couldn't really ask my parents so I figured this would be the best place and hopefully...

doctor1 MD

My boyfriend and I had sex this morning. We used a condom. He was pulling out as he was ejaculating. The condom got stuck halfway out of my vagina....

doctor1 MD

I just had a mutual masturbation session with a sex worker However she removed her hand from inside her vagina and used it roughly on my penis in a...

doctor1 MD

i bought food the food was in a container with a plastic at the top covering the container how ever i notice the plastic on 1 container was...

doctor1 MD

Dear doctor thanks for your valuable reply however my further query is for last two weeks I have a mild rash under my eye which is persistent and...