Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
151 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How to conceive with PCOD ?

PCOD with one heamorhagic cyst which keep on varing in size from 2 to 4..all harmones are fine.[FSH, TSH ,LH,gulocose tolerance test,Sugar tests and the Siemen analysis of my husband is fine]..what should i do for conception?
Sat, 31 Dec 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics ,   ,  
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Have you done all these hormone tests for yourself as well. You will require detailed workup before you plan to get pregnant. In PCOD usually ovulatory problems will diminish with Clomiphene citrate drug and increase chances to conceive. You need to lose weight if you are overweight. Also keep your blood sugar under control. This will be of maximum benefit and help you increase your chances of pregnancy as well. Avoid junk food, sweet, rich, fatty food. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables. Drink plenty of water. Do brisk walking exercise everyday for 40 minutes. Consult your Gynaecologist if you plan to get pregnant for a detailed workup to assess your fertility and PCOD.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

hello.. my wife has pcod problem since 2 month she didnot have menses. we have tested for pregnency but the report is negative. we dont have child...

Recent questions on  Thyroid-stimulating hormone

doctor1 MD

Sir i am from father(age-50)has been suffering from thyroid problems. before 5 month ago we checked his TSH and it was found near about...

doctor1 MD

I had TT on 1 Oct 12 for papillary thyca and started 137 synthroid on 6 Oct. I felt great immediately following surgery, but developed headaches...

doctor1 MD

Dear Doctor, Pateint is my wife, 38 years , 5Ft 7Inches, married and we have one son. She is undergoing treatment for Ruhmetoid Arthritis for...

doctor1 MD

Over the last 7-8 years I had recurring chest pain . A series of tests were done including ECGs, stress test, halter test, Percentine perfusion...

doctor1 MD

What does it mean when my thyroid number is high 4+

doctor1 MD

Hi,I m a married lady.I was diagnosed with hypothroidism with tsh of 8 one year ago and from then onwards I m taking thyronorm latest...