Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

How to comunacate with a stroke person

Does anyone know how to talk and carry on with a stroke person that can't talk at all?
my daddy just had a stroke 3 days ago and he can't talk at us at all. We can't figure out how to comunacate with him. any ideas would be of a help to us. he can't move his right side at all.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  329
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Reminiscing is nice...try to talk of endearing times, funny times, just anything at all. If he can blink you can create a system for yes and no responses from him. If he can squeeze your hand, the same thing applies. Assume he has itchy spots and hot spots and try to do for him, like turning and fluffing a pillow, or using a damp cool cloth to sponge his neck and face...use your imagination. If he can give a yes or no response you can use it to find out if and where he hurts, itches, is too cold or hot, etc. He's in there...and family can do wonders for him.
Answered: Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor