Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

How to change the non healthy eating habits of kids ?

Hi, im Mrs AAAAAfrom pakistan i need to ask that my child has very poor eating habits......he use to deny that proper regular home made meal and prefer most to chips., chocalate, tetra packet juices and candies...what should i do towards his non healthy eating habits....when ever i use to impose strickly to eat normal meal he vomit it all..... please help me out....
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  39
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
its dr vivek

most of children has like and dislike habit
first of all
stop all above ( candies , chips , chocolate )

your responsibility
play a role model for feeding
choose food
set routine habit
positive environment and non stress full mealtime environment

offer new food repeatedly 8-10 times to established acceptance and rejection
teach skill to feed child self ( eg.spoon handling, drinking by cup )
no force for feeding only offer to food .

Answered: Sat, 16 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor