How to avoid side effects of birth control medication ?

I went off birth control 7 months ago and I am still experiencing weird symptoms such as heart palpitations, anxiety, acne, hot flashes and insomnia. How can I figure out what to do. I had all tests done, ekg, mri, blood panel and standard hormone test, all normal.
Thu, 9 Jan 2014
Hello ma'am and welcome.

The side effects of birth control last as long as the hormonal levels are imbalanced, but you have stated that your hormone levels are normal. In such a scenario it is safe to look for other possible causes for such a presentation, also the initiation of a substitute birth control medication usually helps to normalize the previous side effects.

But a more elaborate evaluation by a specialist is certainly in order.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.