I understand your concern.
Yes, you need to take few precautions to prevent preeclampsia
- Inform your treating gynecologist about your past history, during your 1st visit to the doctor.
- Have a regular monthly check up/ earlier check ups if advised so, through out your pregnancy
- Measurement of weight / blood pressure & urine routine & microscopic ( specially albumin
) minimum monthly is of utmost importance,
-Stick to the medicines ( pills to control BP as per need/ Tab Disprin
half a day to prevent untoward effects of high BP
.)/ diet restrictions advised by your doctor,
- avoid physical/psychological stress. Be positive,
- regular light exercises like walking are important.
- Raised BP should be noted the earliest --which can be controlled to safe level by lifestyle changes & medicines.
- Inform your doctor about swelling on legs if it occurs.
- Once all the precautions are taken,patient can be relaxed , tension free.. as any first sign is caught5 earliest & treated.