Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

How to avoid birth defects during pregnancy and which are the test to detect birth defects ?

hi,i am 30 years i have one son his age is ight years he is a healthy year ago i had a girl but she had a serious problem in heart and died after operation of open heart.She was four months.really i didnot make the torch analysis orany typ of it.after another four months of her death i was pregnant again,it was a girl ,i didnot make any analysis also ,the sonar in every time of check show every thing ok,but when she was born she had a congenital defect in the two nostrils,they were blockd by inside she cannot breathe well and a problem in heart.she died in the sam day of birth .after making analysis of caryotypings, blood ,RH which is positive,and torch igm and igg,we discovered that i had all negative in igm but in igg rubella resulted 400 and cmv is 900, is this means a remains of infections because the level of antibodioes are very high and may b afected th baby in the second time because there was a short time between the first and th sedond girl.also i found that the anticardiolivin was positive in igm and igg and was high is this can afect the baby and what i shoud do now to dis cover the problem or when iam prgnant again thank you
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  198
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to HealthcareMagic

its good, that you know about your condition well... you need to get treated for all the infections first... then ou must go for check up and get your IgG and IgM levels of CMV,Rubella, Torch, and any other STD... once the levels will decrease then you must again repeat and confirm that no infection must be there, then you can get conceived,.. All the above treatment may take about 6 months .,, you need to be patient and achieve it..
Hope I have answered your question..

Answered: Sun, 17 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor