Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

How to Treat Twisted Knee Pain?

Hey, I went snowboarding yesterday, fell pretty hard and twisted my knee . I continued to board for another 3 hours with a little pain. I read up a little about it and think it might be a torn MCL. The pain is on the inside of my knee. I can still walk on it, but my knee tends to give way. I also can t straighten it all the way back to lock it into place. I don t know if it will heal itself, if I need xrays, or if I ll need surgery . Need a little expertise on what i should do.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Twisted knee injury may lead to damage to menisci. This will be confirmed by X ray CT scan and clinical examination by Orthopaeditian. After detail examination and looking extent of injury the treatment plan will be finalized.
Have a Healthful Day..
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
exerting injured knee might have caused will need first rest;then cold compression to reduce swelling .Simultaneously you will require to get a x-ray done ;some painkiller ;elastocrepe bandage to give support.And along with all this you need a Orthopaedic doctor to examine you to rule out ligament tear.
Answered: Thu, 17 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor