Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

How successful is a cataract surgery in restoring vision?

I have recently had surgery for cataracts 4 days ago, no improvement thus far. The Dr. said he only got 90% of the cataract, this is after having a cornea transplant in Aug.,2013. He said he can laser the other 10% in 2 wks, what is the probablity of my vision returning? Very concerned.
Mon, 22 Dec 2014
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
improvement depends on retinal health. 80% and 10% removal is not understood. Can discuss the procedure in detail with surgeon. it is only operating surgeon having preoperative assesment can tell aboutprobability.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on
 

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi Ive had successful cataract surgery. Sometimes I take a Benedryl to help me sleep. It is the only drug I ever take except for a tylenol here and...