How soon can an HIV test be done after a possible exposure?

I’m paranoid i’ll get HIV. i recently had gay sex for the first time, it was protected at first but then it led to unprotected i’m clean and he said he was clean and i believe him because nothing looked weird and nothing smelled or tasted funny but i still had unprotected sex. he was sick the whole week leading up to having sex and i think he got me strep throat and it’s only been a week since this happened and it’s too early to have symptoms but i just want to go get tested now to see if i have it which i’m sure i don’t but like still it’s bothering me and all these test say i need to wait 3 months! what should i do ?
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

I have read carefully your history and you should know that after having unprotected anal sex exist the risk of HIV. So, I suggest to do a 4 th generation HIV test 4-6 weeks after exposure and should repeat after 3 months from exposure as a conclusive test.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.