How serious is para-central disc protrusion at L4-L5?

disc desiccation with right paracentral disc protrusion at l4-l5, causing narrowing of central spinal canal and right lateral recess leading to compression of traversing right l5 nerve root...how serious case is this??i am 25 of age....what exercise i need to do??
Mon, 24 Nov 2014
Hi
welcome to healhcaremagic
After going through your query I concluded that you have disc prolapse. It is causing narrowing of central spinal canal and right lateral recess leading to compression of traversing right l5 nerve root. It is moderately serious . There are two treatment options.First option is rest in position of relief(generally lateral position with both knee bend),neurotopics such as mecobalamin and analgesics (Diclofenac three times a day after meals is effective). Sometimes strong analgesic(such as tramadol three times a day after meals) is required. Omeperazole before meals prevent acidity caused by analgesics. Exercises are not advised in acute painful stage . after pain relief gradual pain relief exercises.. are advisable. Second option is go for surgical operation(Discectomy). You can discuss with your treating Doctor about it.I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care.