How serious is Aortic valve regurgitation?

About two months ago my girlfriend went to her doctor for a yearly Physical. During the exam, the doctor said her heart sounded a bit strange and referred her to a Cardiologist to have it checked further. She followed up as directed and saw this doctor about two weeks later. Yesterday this Cardiologist called her back and told her she wanted her to come by for one more test this afternoon. She got off work early and went back to her office where they did an ECG. Now the doctor is telling my girlfriend she may have "Aortic valve regurgitation" and wants her to go have another test done tomorrow (Friday) and come back to see her again on Monday. Here's the thing and I don't want to sound like I don't think it's serious or that I'm uncaring, but my girl friend and I have been planning a weekend getaway for several months now and it seems something is always getting in the way. This is the third time that I have made a reservation and had to cancel it and lost my deposit. This time it looked like nothing was going to get in the way and the place we wanted to go didn't want to take a deposit again from me, so I paid in full for the cabin. We were supposed to leave in the morning (Friday) and come back on Monday morning. Not only has the cabin been rented but I have also bought tickets for two shows. One for Friday night and one for Saturday night. We are undecided just what to do. After all it took 6 weeks for the doctor to call her back today for this test. If it had been so serious , wouldn't the doctor have called her back sooner? Couldn't these follow up test be done on Tuesday when we return? When my girlfriend told the doctor we were planning to go out of town for the weekend they of course said they wouldn't recommend it. Tell me what we should do
Thu, 17 Dec 2009
's  Response
If it were life threatening they would of referred her to a cardiovascular surgeon immediately. Go away, she probably needs it. This problem didn't occur overnight and if she has no symptoms go. If it was me with this problem I would go to alleviate the stress. If your worried just leave the phone number where your staying with her Dr and enjoy yourself. Take care, Donna