How safe are blood pressure medications on a long term usage?

Is it okay to take the lowest dose of blood pressure medication every other day? I am finding that my blood pressure drops too low and I can t function when I take it daily.Taking it alternating days seems to work and my blood pressure remains low.
Fri, 17 Oct 2014
Hello and welcome.
Yes its fine. The goal of blood pressure medications is to maintain a healthy blood pressure around 120/80 mm Hg. I agree low blood pressure can be more cumbersome in short term.
However you still need to talk to your treating physician to correct your dosages. Regular Blood pressure monitoring is needed for this purpose.
Always keep an ors solution or lemonade handy if you feel pressure falls. Lifestyle alterations are needed for long term blood pressure management. DASH diet is highly recommended.

Hope i answered your query.
Thank you so much.