How possible it is to be pregnant and have a period?

I went in to the doctor today and they said that I am pregnant even though I had sex less than a week ago. As soon as I got back I had bleeding which looked like my period and I should be getting it around this time. Does that mean that I am pregnant?
Tue, 12 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

If you are bleeding around your regular period time, it's very unlikely that you are pregnant. There might be false positive result in your pregnancy test and that can happen. If I were your consulting doctor, I would suggest you to wait for your next period and if you will miss your next period then you can go for pregnancy test again with available kit.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.