Owl Image

How much is the risk of percentage in open heart surgery?

2nd time open heart surgery. Dr. says 0 percent chances of survival. AVR. MVR. Valve is in the meat of heart
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
I would get a second, and third, opinion, and then I would get another doctor. Any doctor that gives you a zero percent of survival rate in heart surgery needs to be replaced. Heart failure Heart failure can develop quickly after damage caused by a heart attack, or it can develop gradually after years of high blood pressure or coronary artery disease. A defective heart valve may cause heart failure. In this case, repair or replacement of the valve can often reverse heart failure. Faulty heart valves. The four valves of your heart keep blood flowing in the proper direction through the heart. A damaged valve forces your heart to work harder to keep blood flowing as it should. Over time, this extra work can weaken your heart. Faulty heart valves, however, can be fixed, if detected in time. Good luck, DS