Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

How many days it will take for him to recover from typhoid ?

My husband is diagnosed with typhoid. He is 31 years old. One month back he had dengue. He is having high fever from 5-6 days and has been admitted in hospitalalized.His body temperature is usually high and he has cough and also stomach pain after having food . Doctors have started antibiotics and medicines. His diet has also become very less. He is on leave for more than 1.5 months now. My question is that how many days it will take for him to recover from typhoid ? And is the pain in stomach (upper right corner) after having food is normal in typhoid( they found in ultrasound that size of gall bladder is slightly bigger than normal) ? Also what food has to be given ? and any suggestion or precaution ?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Aug 2010
Answers:  2 Views:  2426
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
Please confirm typhoid by blood exam, S. widal.
if it is positive then and then you go for treatment as he had h/o having Dengue in the recent past.
take milk diet,rice,curd,buttermilk etc.
After starting of treatment he will be alright within 8-1o days.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Hi Tisa!
welcome to HCm.Since the recovery in typhoid depends mainly on better nutrition,you will have to carefully plan his diet accordingly.Give him a diet rich in protein like eggs,milk.easily digestible carbs,give small but frequent meals.Up the fluid intake via coconut water,fresh fruit juices esp sugarcane juice,lime juice,vegetable soups more.As the appetite returns you can give him bland semi-solid foods can be given like rice with yogurt, cereal grovels or porridge or fruit custards.
The upper abdomen pain is a part of post typhoid sequalae from indigestion and hence the gall bladder is also enlarged.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor