Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

How long you can take veltam while suffering from prostrate enlargement ?

I am 54 years old male. I have BP and taking Losartin 50 mg 1-0-1 along with Tonact TG 75 mg 0-0-1, Clopilet 1-0-0, Tryptomer 10 mg 0-0-1. I have also Benign Prostate Enlargement for which I have been taking Veltam 0.4 mg for the past two years. How long I have to take Veltam?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  5110
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Hi well come to HCM
Veltam you can take as long you continue with consevative treatment and you
tolerate it without side effects. If needed you can consult uro-surgeon for operative
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Veltam is Tamulosin and is used in cases of Benign prostate enlargement it helps to relaxes the muscles in the prostate gland and bladder. This helps to improve symptoms such as difficulty in passing urine, slow or interrupted flow of urine, frequent urination and dribbling after passing urine.
This medicine has to be continued till your problem is controlled and usually it is till you need the conservative treatment.The other treatment is surgical resection of prostate.So if you have to avoid surgical treatment you need to take it till it is required.
Answered: Thu, 11 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor