Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

How long without treatment can one live post metastasis for cervical cancer ?

just want to know if someone has cervical cancer and now metastasized/ metastasis how long will she probably live the average lifespan after diagnosis without any treatment?
Asked On : Sun, 4 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  348
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
patient with lung/liver/brain/ metastasis generally survive up to median survival of 6 month while metastasis to para-aortic/spine(vertebra) can survive up to median survival of 1 year if untreated.
Answered: Thu, 5 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Gastroenterologist, Surgical Dr. Ketan Vagholkar's  Response
It depends upon 2 factors
1. Extent of local spread and2. extent of distant spread. If patient has metastases then untreated the survival approximately will be in the range of 9 months to 18 months depending upon the two aforementioned factors.
Answered: Sun, 4 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor