How long will the full abdominal hysterectomy surgery take?

Hi! I m having a full abdominal hysterectomy on Monday. I have a 10cm x 8cm x 6cm cyst on the right ovary and some smaller ones and a couple of smaller ones on my left. Why wouldn t he leave my uterus in place if the ovaries are the issue? My white blood and red blood counts are fine and my CA125 is negative but I m still terrified of the what ifs . How long will the surgery take? He plans on doing a laparoscopy and if the cyst looks non-suspicious he will continue with a laparotomy to remove everything. What are the benefits of keeping my cervix?
Fri, 2 Aug 2019

It depends on your age and other conditions. Though ca125 is normal we need to analyse other factors. If you are particular about keeping the uterus better to discuss with your dr regarding the pros and cons. He will know all your details.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair, OBGYN

Recent questions on Laparotomy

Hi, It depends on your age and other conditions. Though ca125 is normal we need to analyse other factors. If you are particular about keeping the uterus better to discuss with your dr regarding the pros and cons. He will know all your details. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair, OBGYN