Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

How long will it take for gangrene to cure ?

Hi, My 89 year old dad has mottled looking gangrene (dry?) on both feet and it is now traveling up his shins. He doesn t want to do anything about it because he wants nothing to do with amputation . How long does he have and will he be in pain?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  209
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General Surgeon 's  Response
welcome to hcm
gangrene needs amputation as his life might get into danger if he gets septecemia..there will be no pain,sensation and movements..the tissue is dead and it needs to be removed before the toxins goes into the blood..make sure his sugar and blood pressure is within normal limits..
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello dear, the only answer to gangrene is amputation.....If not done than toxaemia will cause continuous type of fever and subsequent demise of the victim.Do convince him for amputation.good luck.
Answered: Tue, 28 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor