• question-icon

How long will anus bruising with pain take to recover?

Hi after making my own penis pump and using it for about 4-6 weeks, and after having sex one day i notice alot of pain came on. I was in alot of pain at first but as time went on(months) I started getting better. I realised that when I was using it was too tight around the base of my penis and maybe I applied too much vucum everytime i used it but did not realize. I stopped using it and have never tried again. I also have pain or like a burning feeling around my anus. I went to the doctor and done an ultra sound test and he said that there was bruising and that I would get better but he said he did not now how long it would take. His advise was to rest only. Everything else in as normal as far as erections and normal use of my penis. After 3 years I am still recovering it is a very slow process, is this because having sex and masturbating slows the healing process. I can't help having sex or masturbating will i ever recover from this injury I am starting to think that I will never recover. Can you help. Thank you
Thu, 28 Nov 2019

This usually takes a week to heal, but it's been 3 years since you got injured. I suggest you to re-visit your doctor to check for something else than bruising as it's not possible to have a bruise for this long.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr SAMEEN BIN NAEEM, General & Family Physician