How long should one use minoxidil 5% ?

how long may i use minoxidil 5%?
Mon, 30 Jan 2012
Medical Procedures ,   ,  
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
First tell me whether are you satisfied with the hair growth because of minoxidil 5% use. If yes you need to continue it for long (may be for life), but if hair growth is not satisfactory than go for hair transplantation. Visit www.gangahairgrafting.com

Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi
minoxidil 5% can be use safely for very long time up to 15 years.
but u should taper dose once u get desired result
taper means apply lotion 2-3 times a wk for maintain .
if u feel headache any time during treatment for long time u should stop it.
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Hi!,
Welcome To HealthcareMagic forum,

You can use minoxidil 5% for long ,but then later on switch over to 2% to maintain the results. You have not mentioned your gender ,if you are male then only you should use 5% for long.we don't prefer 5% for females.
There is always a chance that after leaving minoxidil ,gradually there may be hair loss .
The only permanent solution for baldness would be HAIR TRANSPLANTATION.There are couple of techniques like FUE (DHI) & FUT .You can get details in my website www.skinhairclinic.com.

regards,
Dr.chawda