How long should Nemocid be taken for gastrointestinal infection?

Good morning dr sir my problem is i am not gaining weight since i was in 8 yrs i got worms more since that time. I took many medicine but not relieve one of gastroenterologist advise to taketablet Nimocid for 3 days i relieve i gain weight 3 kgs.my question is how many days i can take another dose.because this my problem is chronic. Advice me and i have small intestine problem also.
Mon, 25 Sep 2017
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Repeated worm infestation has to be dealt differently.
First of all get the stool tests done repeated to know the types of worms that you have as there can be a mixed infestation.
You have to be tried with different medications for worms till you are recovered.Personal hygiene is the most important of all like paring the nails, cleaning hands after use of bathroom and coming from outside of house should be done for all family members.
All family members should also be given the anti-worm treatment.
No outside food, only homemade fresh and well cooked food.
Boiled and cooled water only.
No salads or any raw foods.
Those with low acid production or taking medications to stop or reduce acidity suffer more.
Medicines to be continued till you are cleared of worms.
Once the worms get removed, one gets weight gain due to the fact that now your body has more food that is absorbed and hence the gain.
Control your diet and increase the exercises to control the weight.