Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

How long should I wait after drinking to take suboxone ?

I have been on 24mg of suboxone for 4 years i waited 16 hours from my last dose then i had a heavy night of drinking I wanted to know how long to wait before i take my suboxone
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  351
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Sports Medicine Specialist 's  Response
It is always better not to drink when you are already on anti-addiction therapy.
Otherwise it may cause opioid withdrawal symptoms.
The fatal symptoms like respiratory depression can also occur.
Better to avoid drinking or other sort of addiction.
Answered: Tue, 5 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Felicia Schwall,
welcome to the health care magic forum,there is no recomended duration of gap beteen the dose of suboxone and drinking you can have it after 3-4 hrs of that,but you should avoid drinking and consider the seriousness of the therapy you are undergoing through.

stay healthy !
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor