How long should Antivert be taken for the treatment of vertigo?

I was just recently (one week) diagnosed with vertigo. How is this contact6ed? How long does it last? I have been prescribed antivert - how long do I need to stay on this medicine? I am scheduled to see a neurologist this week. What kinds of questions should I be asking? Thank you.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Vertigo is a sensation of feeling off balance. Antivert is an antihistamine used to treat dizzinness. You should continue taking antivert until you see your neurologist next. They will go for some diagnostic tests like EEG, ct-scan of the head, x-ray of the spinal cord (neck area) to determine the right cause, so further treatment strategy will be advised.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.