How long it will take to be a heart surgeon ?

i am doing GSSE now how long it will take to be a heart surgeon
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response
anywhere from six to nine years of training to become a fully qualified surgeon.

I have had open heart surgery In November for asd closure. I m still havering irregular heart beats and flutters almost hourly. My surgeon thinks it s because they cut open my heart and it would just be my heart finding new signal paths, but it has not improved in several months. My regular doctor took a ekg and my ventricles are beating before my atrial on occasions so it sends my heart into a jitter. How long this last for, and when should I take this more seriously?

I have recently started taking Beta Blockers for a heart condition. However, my consultant failed to tell me how long I have to be on them for. Can anyone on here tell me ? How are they given?

What questions should we ask when my mom goes to talk the surgeon about getting a heart valve replacement ? If this is too much to read skip to the bottom my question is there. But the following story gives some background. Okay 4 years ago my mom went to the cardiologist to find out why she has a heart murmor. They did and ECG and discovered she had a bi cuspid aeortic valve . We were told its not a big deal that she would just have to take an antibiotic before going to the dentist and really didnt have any other effect on her life. Now 2 months ago she had the flu. After she recovered from that she realized how much weaker, and easily out of breath she was getting. She also started feeling her heart go flip flop . I told her to go to the doctor because of her heart. They did and EKG and imediately sent her to the cardiologist for and ECG. He told her that her valve was thickened and needed replaceing soon. So she now has an appt with a cardiovasculer surgeon in 2 weeks. My question is : What things she we ask or make sure we are aware of before the surgery?