How long does it take to resolve Rebound Tachycardia after inderal/propanol is discontinued?

How long does it take for rebound tachycardia to resolve after inderal/propanol is discontinued? I can feel my heart racing and sob since stopping a week ago. I am planning on trying for a baby soon and wanted to discontinue the medication prior
Was initially placed on it in my 20's for palpatations due to MVP/anxiety .I am now 38 so I have been on it for some time. I believe the adrenaline is causing me to be symptomatic.
Fri, 28 Jun 2013
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear Ma'm
The persistence of tachycardia after withdrawal of propranolol is governed by the level of physical and mental stress you have. The heart rate will also be dependent upon your basal heart rate (prior to starting beta blockers). Literature, although scarce, suggests that beta blocker rebound may be seen as late as 2 weeks after stopping drug. You should see your doctor to ascertain the kind of rhythm you have and if clinically there is no abnormality, you may wait (after discussing your physician).
Sincerely
Sukhvinder