How long does it take to recover from a fractured fibula and tibia?

Hi, i spiral fractured my tibia and fibula about 3 months ago. I recently went back to work but now it feels almost like the break pops when i walk on it. Is it possible i went back to work to early and the bone hasnt healed all the way? Hi, can I answer your health question? Please type your question here...
Tue, 17 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

In general, recovery for a tibia/fibula fracture takes about three to six months while stress fractures usually take six to eight weeks. Healing time can be quicker by taking the right steps. Rest is crucial, and it's important to make sure that you doesn't overstress (overload) the site of the fracture until the bone's strength is fully restored, which can take up to a year. Overall, a tibia and fibula fracture can definitely be handled through proper care, casts, and medicines.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu