How long does inflammation in the inner cheeks after a dental procedure take to heal?

Hello ! I am experiencing wrinkles skin on my left inside cheek . Iam also having thyroid disorder I lost a lot ...when I see the dentist he told me because of your teeth it’s happening . Then he trimmed it . And still there is a inflammation sometimes he gave me a mdicine for it. Could you please help in telling how much time it will take to heal .
Thu, 30 Aug 2018
Dentist 's  Response

If there is continuous trauma to the inner cheek mucosa then it can cause irritation, inflammation, excessive Kertain deposits or hyperkeratinization, and overgrowth of soft tissues or mucosa. As your teeth are trimmed then it will reduce trauma to the mucosa and along with it the chances of cheek bite and tear will reduce.

Also if you have teeth grinding habit then it should be checked. You can apply Kenacort ointment over the area to reduce inflammation and do warm saline gargles. Suck ice Popsicle to reduce inflammation and discomfort. Take soft meals and drink plenty of water. Take a Vitamin B complex daily. In case if there is no improvement consult an Oral Physician and get checked again.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.