How long does effect of plan b last?

I am a 36 year old female. I have always had sensitive skin and tend to break out in pimples around my chin and mouth. I used to take ortho-tricyclin, which seemed to help my skin. I have been off the pill for a few years. However, last month I had to take the morning after pill and ever since, my skin has been breaking out like crazy. Can you tell me how long the effects of Plan B last? Also, my doctor recently prescribed Femodene for birth control and I am wondering if this brand of pill is good to control acne.
Wed, 14 Jul 2021

The acne has become a self-perpetuating cycle for now, because the plan B has been out of your system for some time. It would be worth asking your doctor for a short-term topical treatment to quiet it down. The response of acne to birth control is highly individual. If you did well with ortho try Cyclen in the past, it would make sense to me just to go back to it rather than try something new. The other birth control pill may also work out fine.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist