How long does an infected bump on the tailbone take to heal?

hi, i had a bump on my tailbone and it has been hurting for three days. today morning it leaked and puss has been coming out. it has been 8 hours there is some puss it has been coming out. so can it be healed by itself and how long the puss will still come out?
Tue, 26 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As per your edit is obvious that the lesion is infected. You have to start antibiotic. Start a short course of antibiotics like Ampiclox or Amoxicillin/Clavulanate for five days. Apply topical antibiotics like Mupirocin after cleaning with soap and water. Generally it will heal with in four to five days.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.