How long does Citalopram 20mg take to work?

I have been taking Citalopram 20mg for just over 3 weeks, how long do the tablets take to work, at prescent I see no change. Your comments please. thankyou Roger.
Tue, 22 Feb 2011
Hi

New evidence suggests that actually antidepressants "start" working from 2-3 weeks but for the full "clinical" effect we may have to wait 4 weeks. In addition, the resposne we see after 4 weeks may not be the full response as as my colleague has rightly pointed out, it depends on your body and you may need a higher dose.

Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

It may take up a minimum of 6 weeks for Citalopram to start its effect. However it can take longer in some individuals. I recommend you wait till 6 weeks and if there is no effect, i recommend you consult your doctor to increase the dose.

In the meantime, i hope that the advices in this article will help you:
http://med50.blogspot.com/2010/11/depression-symptoms-causes-treatment.html