How long do you fast before a cholestorol test ?

its at 9am... i just don t eat in the morning, right? Please don t think I m stupid and don t listen, they originally made appt for 4PM, then called me back to say i couldnt fast all day...they rescheduled, but never said HOW LONG to fast for. 10 or 11 tonight should be fine, right?
Sat, 12 Dec 2009
's  Response
I get a lower reading on bad cholesterol if I fast 12 hours, some say 8 hrs is enough, but my results prove its more accurate at 12 hours. (for me at least) ( My whole family runs very, very high cholesterol, and triglycerides.)