Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

How long can u have a blood clot unknowingly ?

How long can u have a blood clot and not know it I have a spot on my leg that had been swollen for over a year now. It began to swell during pregnancy . It causes me discomfort at times and my whole leg is sometimes achy. The swelling has no fever associated with it. I don t know if a blood clot can stay in one place like that for a long time or if it is most likey something else. It is slight swelling on my lower left leg.
Asked On : Thu, 26 May 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  226
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Your history is confusing,at one point you told about a spot and second time you mentioned a clot.I presumed that it is a clot.
Then you might have thrombo phlebitis.where there may be swelling of leg is there.
During pregnancy swelling in the leg increase due to increase pressure in the abdomen.
Take treatment for thrombo phlebitis.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 26 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor