How long can Clonazepam be taken?

Sir I have been using clonazepam for 1 month before iam starting 0.5mg nor and eve for 15 days again I slow down the dose0.5mg eve and lastly iam took 0.25mg eve bec time but after quitting I have insomnia problem so DR said take 1mg once at bed time and I feel ok now but the thing is that how long will using this be the safe? and how to safe from withdrawl symptoms is there seizure withdrawl symptoms will occur or not....
Mon, 25 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Major withdrawal symptoms can be avoided with a gradual weaning, or tapering, of clonazepam.
Medical detox will usually last about 5-7 days until the peak of withdrawal symptoms has passed, and the drug is removed from the body.

Hope I have answered your query.
Let me know if I can assist you further.