How long can Betnesol Forte be taken?

My Daughter facing this problem from last one year and seen many doctors and currently doctor looking my daughter is Dr .J.S Pasricha and he is tell to give these medicine Betnesol forts (1.0 mg) 6 tablets in a week and after taking my daughter weight has a lot improved .Can we stop this medicine or continue .
Tue, 5 Sep 2017
Hello.
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

No, you should not give betnesol forte for more than prescribed period of time. It contains corticosteroid, betamethasone as active ingredient and is not meant for long term use because of harmful side effects. Please take the medication only for prescribed period of time.

Hope this answers your questions
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi