How long after heart failure would one regain consciousness after pacemaker implantation?

A friend had heart failure in ambulance when he gr8 to hospital they gave him for f0r 30 minutes put a shunt in right side of heart and pt him on the eccho machine and 4 days later put a pacemaker in. He still is not awake.. how long does it taje to wake
Fri, 18 May 2018
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would explain that the loss of conscience could be related to anesthetic drugs, given during the procedure or brain damage.

For this reason, if his situation does not improve in the next hours, I would recommend consulting with a neurologist for a physical exam and performing a brain CT scan or MRI to investigate for brain changes due to hypoxia (low blood perfusion to the brain).

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri